Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Tri-Shutter Card Templates and Tutorial

Although it looks complicated, the tri-shutter card is relatively easy to make and the final result is always visually stunning. It is a lovely project to use all those left-over bits and pieces in your stash. If you have a couple of photos, it is also nice as a keepsake for the recipient.

I have included a template with imperial and metric measurements. 
 
Below are a few variations on the different shapes you can cut to cover the panels:
 
 
This is the basic card:  Panels can be matted for extra effect.
 
 
 The "D" Panels must only be attached on the one side and be loose over panel A,
which will give a different dimension to the card (See Birthday Card below).
 
 "A" panels are cut as one piece.
 
 Above are only a few ideas, the options are endless.
 
 
Some easy steps:
 
1. Score

2. Cut 
 
 3. Fold
 
A few finished samples:
 
 
A Thank You Card 
 
 
 
A Christmas Card (with permission from Carolyn) 
 
And finally, two Birthday Cards:
 
(Using sample 2 with bigger D panels)
 
 
 Photo Story for a 70th Birthday celebration:
 
I hope you find the templates useful.  Please remember that it is just a guideline and you can adjust sizes proportionally according to you own taste to make it smaller or bigger.
 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and easy to use templates Erna. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all the detailed instructions! The Christmas card that you sent to me is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are awesome! I have made a tri-shutter card before but had no idea there were different templates which change the look of the card so dramatically. Plus adding photos is fantastic. Thank you for including such wonderful directions. It makes more sense to cut the lines "after" scoring. I can't thank you enough for sharing all that you know! I look forward to seeing all your lovely projects. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a few just right stuff here. Certainly
    worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to create this kind
    of magnificent informative website.

    Review my weblog :: pest control company for sale in arizona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to make a birthday card for my nephew, I'm just starting to make one of these shutter cards hopefully it will be ok

    ReplyDelete